Monday, May 3, 2010

Choice

And the hits just keep on coming! that's what I've been telling to myself lately, here in the Land of Choice. So bring'em on! Give me your worst! It's all the more fun for me.

I am exploring the validity of hidden variables and it seems that consciously, the universe it deterministic.
In human language, if you wish for something really hard and focus on it and think about fiercely and envision it happening... it won't. As a matter of fact, it will go pretty lame. I've been experimenting.

Today I went out wandering in the heart of Bucharest. Initially, I was headed for the historical center. Then, I remembered I was planning on finding Bazilescu Park and so I changed course. I ended at the National Stadium "Lia Manoliu" :|  I have mistaken the trolley by 11.  Well, at least now I know how to get to the place where the summer music fests are held.

As for the Park.. it will have to wait. Crazy week coming, then Saturday I'm gonna "clean the green, cause grass kicks ass"! That be me slogan, mate! If you wanna join the community work team, here is where you can get more details. Gradina Botanica Bucuresti - "Curatenia de Primavara"

In an unrelated note, I am currently facing a very hairy situation. Wolfy hairy situation. Since my Romanian Nightmare is farther and farther away from becoming the American Dream, if I do get there it will be like : I will either hit the jackpot and find what I have searching for at the end of the world or I will end up in Guatanamo Bay Maximum Security Federal Prison. I hear it's nice this time of year.

Some other epiphanies hit me with the anvil today. In life, sometimes, you know what you have to do but you do it wrong. It is like taking the right train in the opposite direction. sometimes you have to reach the end of the line and then go all the way back where you began and take the other path.

Some are at least fortunate enough to be on the right track even if on the wrong train. And sometimes we find ourselves at crossroads. And we have to make a choice. If we are not sure what we want, we hate choices, because we leave out all other possibilities; plus it's easier to have others telling what you do, so that you don't carry the burden of that responsibility. But you never really feel freedom until you have to answer for your actions.
 
There are also times when it is better not to have a choice. Some of the best things in life lay beyond our power of influence. We can only roll the dice, not tell what it will show.

And even God plays dice. Who is to blame us humans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smack my bitch up :