Sunday, May 9, 2010

05/08/2010

May 8, 2010. This date is going down in my History book as the day of "Spring Cleaning". In more ways than one.

Bucharest's Botanical Garden is one cleaner happier green place thanks to hundreds of people in the age span
of 5-50 yr old that gathered in the polluted heart of our marvelous country Capital.

My shadow, my echo and myself is a cleaner happier green-eyed place too, but it didn't take a hundred people; just one. ;)

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you take a bunch of "tree-hugging" (quoting the wise :D ) people that care about the environment and get them to not only hug but also trim the trees.
I must confess I wish to be a tree sometimes; there is so much to learn from a seemingly inert living being. it's something in the loneliness and steadiness and the way it always tries to reach the sky.

And now, to skip the tearjerker philosophical hoo-haa, I met some pretty great people yesterday. Hardworking too. If you have a Facebook account, you may admire the general performance put out there by a tremendous team work. if not, you'll have to wait til i get the ther set of pics.
  Botanical Garden Spring Cleaning 2010
And my crappy cell-phone snapshots...of cool stuff :D
.
As a long lasting living breathing souvenir we got gladiola (sword lily) bulbs to grow ourselves; I planted mine today, hoping and praying for its survival. Plus a free month of visiting the Garden.

Now I better start racing like a pro for my upcoming exam this week.

Wish me monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smack my bitch up :